Robin’s client came to her 3 years ago. Her hair was breaking off due to a bad keratin treatment. The breakage was so severe the hair on the top of her client’s head was less than an inch long. Robin wasn’t even sure if her hair would withstand the weight of the hair extensions.
Together Robin and her client made a decision to try the extensions and evaluate the condition of her hair after 7 weeks of wear. Her client’s hair actually began to feel stronger and started to grow. There was no new breakage. However, because of her client’s brittle ends, Robin continued cutting her hair until all the damaged ends were gone.
It’s now three years later and her client could actually go without the extensions. However, her client has chosen to continue wearing the extensions for added volume and length.
At Trans4mation Salon we recommend tape-in extensions because, with proper care and instruction, they can be worn without causing damage to the hair.
Do you ever wonder how your favorite celebrities go from a pixie cut to luscious locks within days or even hours? Some of the most popular celebrities turn to hair extensions or wigs to transform their look. Hair extensions have become increasingly popular over the years.
At Trans4mation Salon with use tape-in hair extensions, as we consider tape-in to be the best. They do little to no damage to your scalp and hair, are easy to install, and, as such, do not stress your scalp and strands. Our tape-in extensions are made with natural hair and the extensions will be matched to blend seamlessly with your hair. Hair extensions can quickly transform your look, BUT before you make the investment there are a few things you should know about the process.
Our stylists require a no-obligation consultation to discuss the look you want to achieve. We want you to come to the consultation with your hair freshly washed and dried, and without product. Your stylist will assess the condition of your hair, color match the extensions, and provide the cost to purchase based on the number of packs needed. The majority of our clients require 2 to 3 packs of hair to achieve their desired look.
Each pack contains 10 hair extensions. If you decide to move forward with the purchase, payment will be required before the order is placed. Hair extensions are natural hair and are non-refundable at the time of purchase. Orders are placed weekly. Your stylist will work with you to schedule a return visit to the salon to have your extensions put in.
As your stylist is putting in your extensions, it’s a great time to ask questions about product usage and styling to ensure you get the maximum life out of your extensions. Hair extensions may be reused up to 3 times and last 3 to 6 months with proper care. Your hair extensions will move with your natural hair growth. This will require the hair extensions to be removed, re-taped, and put back in every 6 to 8 weeks after your initial visit. This process will continue as long as you wear the extensions.
A few words of caution: Hair extensions are fun to wear and can completely transform your look. However, wearing extensions is both a time and financial investment. You will be spend more time drying and styling your extensions because there will be more hair than you are used too.
To avoid damage to your hair and the extensions, you will need to be gentle with your hair and avoid excessive salt water, chlorine, and alcohol-based products. Missing your 6 to 8 week appointment to have your extensions removed, re-taped, and reapplied can also be problematic. Excessive hair growth will cause your extensions to become matted or tangled and could potentially cause damage to your natural hair. Take care of your hair and follow the advice of your stylist.
There is more to chat about with your Stylist than the Real Housewives! Why not ask your Stylist the right questions when you are in her/his chair?
Don’t get caught up in chatting. After all, you want your Stylist to create a style that looks fresh, complements your skin tone and facial shape, plus you want your “perfect look” to fit within your budget. Make the most out your scheduled hair appointment and ask the right questions.
Here are a few suggestions:
- How would you describe the overall health/condition of my hair?
- What shampoo & conditioner should I use for my hair type?
- How often should I wash my hair?
- Will this cut work with my hair texture?
- What hair color will complement my skin tone?
- How long can I expect my color to last?
- What tones work best with my eye color?
- When should I schedule my next appointment?
- What will it cost for me to maintain this style?
- What products/tools do I need to duplicate this look?
Children are susceptible to sunburn, which can happen very quickly. Here are Leighanne’s tips to help protect your loved ones from the sun, while still having fun outdoors:
- 50 SPF is crucial for children.
- All children should be blanketed by sunscreen before stepping out into the sun.
- Expired sunscreen is no longer at its full strength – always check the expiration date.
- DO NOT use expired sunscreen on children, especially children with sensitive skin.
- DO NOT use spray on a child’s face or any face. Sunscreen can get into the eyes, mouth or nose.
- Remember to apply SPF daily
- Reapply every 80 minutes
- Stay well hydrated
- Wear a hat & sunglasses for added protection
For sensitive skin, Leighanne highly recommends Dermalogica’s Solar Defense Booster SPF 50. It’s an amazing sun shield and can be added to your favorite moisturizer or foundation.
For your post sun ritual:
- Follow with a prescribed cleanser
These are tips from our in-house makeup artist, Erica
#1 SPF, SPF, SPF
- At least 30 broad-spectrum to protect from both UVA & UVB.
#2 Don’t Skip Moisturizer
- Even if you are oily skin type. If you are feeling like your regular moisturizer is to heavy, look for a light moisturizer.
#3 Use a Facial Spray
- A facial spray will be refreshing, cooling and yet a hydrating boost throughout the day.
#4 Waterproof Mascara
- Even if you don’t plan on dancing in the rain, going swimming or crying, waterproof mascara is the better option in the summer because you tend to sweat more which can make regular mascara smudge
#5 Try a BB or CC
- BB or CC is a great alternative to foundation. It’s lighter feeling, yet you still get the coverage of a decent foundation. It can replace both your moisturizer and foundation. I would still use an SPF with it.
BONUS: If you don’t want to buy a separate BB/CC cream (tinted moisturizer) mix your favorite foundation with your moisturizer at a 1 to 1 ratio and viola!!
(photo credit: http://www.freepik.com